Brighter Places
Text Size |  A A A  | Accessibility 

Paying Rent

Paying your rent is very important.  We offer you a number of ways for you to pay your rent and service charges.

If you are having trouble paying your rent, we can help you to get independent money advice and support.
What is the best way to pay my rent?

We offer different ways to pay your rent to suit you:

Allpay Payment Card
If you would like an Allpay card then please contact your Housing Officer. Once ordered your card will usually take 7 - 10 days to arrive.

An Allpay Payment Card can be used along with either a debit card or cash to make payments in any of the following ways:

Online Payment
For internet payments, go to and follow the instructions

Telephone Payment
Call Allpay on 0844 557 8321 and an automatic voice system will help you make your payment

PayPoint Outlet
Use your Allpay card at a Paypoint outlet.  Look for the blue and yellow PayPoint signs on shops, newsagents, convenience stores, supermarkets and petrol stations. There are more than 18,000 UK PayPoint 'Outlets' providing long and convenient opening hours.

Post Office Branches
There are more than 16,000 UK Post Office branches where you can make a payment with your Allpay Card.

Other ways to pay your rent:

 Standing Order
The easiest way to make monthly or weekly payments direct from your bank or building society account to us. Download a Standing Order form here. Once you have completed the form you should send it to us for processing.

Cheque or Postal Order
Make the cheque or postal order payable to "Solon South West Housing Association Ltd".  Please ensure that you write your name and address on the back.  You can send this in to us in the post or drop it into our office. 

We accept cash over the counter at our office, however we encourage residents to pay by one of the other methods listed above. Please do not send cash through the post.

How do I know how much I owe?

We will send you a rent statement every three months.  This will include how much your rent costs per week and your current balance.  If you pay a service charge, you will receive this on a separate statement with your rent statement.   If you want to check your rent statement or current balance, you can contact your housing officer.

I can't afford to pay my rent, what can I do?

It is very important that you pay your rent.  However, we know that sometimes paying rent can be difficult.  The important thing is to talk to us so that we can help you to pay your rent.

- We can agree a realistic payment plan with you.

- We can provide a benefit assessment for you to check whether you can claim Housing and Council Tax or other benefits. 

- You can check to see if you are able to claim benefits by going online to the Benefit Adviser at

- We can provide you with free support to manage your money by referring you to Talking Money, or other support agencies.

Find out more on our Money advice page
Site map | Privacy Notice | Disclaimer
Brighter Places, Eden House,
10 Eastgate Office Park, Eastgate Road, Bristol BS5 6XX

Designed by Synergy Creative. Developed by Solsoft.